Friday night rolls around- my mind is the equivalent of a scrambled egg (as I’m sure other’s are too)! However, supper still needs to be fixed, so I’m gonna go to my freezer and pull out some Chicken Apple Brats- FOR PIZZA! I know there’s a lot of Apple Brat lovers out there, so I’m going to enlighten you on a NEW and DIFFERENT way to use them!
Along the way we’re gonna talk about how to make the process quicker and more economical- which is near and dear to MY heart.
All good homemade pizzas start with the crust! Whether you make it yourself, buy it pre-made, gluten free, fresh, or frozen it doesn’t matter- you do this part YOUR way. But for efficiency’s sake- preheat your oven per package directions/recipe to save time later! I use a gluten free- frozen crust that I buy in bulk. These work perfect for my family because they cook up delicious, they’re freezer safe, they’re a perfect 2 person portion, and best of all- I don’t have to make them!
The next most important ingredient to me- is the meat! I pop the Chicken Apple Brats right on the George Foreman Grill frozen. After they cook for awhile I insert a digital meat thermometer longways with the link (letting the digital reader hang out over the grill), this way I know when they reach temperature. You don’t want to under or overcook chicken-165° is the number your looking for! It usually takes around 7 minutes (give or take) for our frozen brats to reach temp. When they’re done cooking cut them into slices of your desired thickness (be careful- they’re hot!!). Your only going to use 2 or 3 brats for this recipe- so the other 2 or 3 brats can be cooked and sliced now, then laid flat on a cookie sheet, re-froze, and put in a freezer safe bag for the next time you want to make this pizza! You can do this in large batches if you end up liking the recipe. It SAVES TIME later- which who doesn’t LOVE saving time?
You can also save money by purchasing our “Bulk Box”. This is a box full of bulk chicken bratwurst meat. What’s bulk bratwurst meat you ask? When we make our patties and links we have to grind and add seasonings to our chicken (making it into sausage). Then we put it in a machine that forms the meat into links and patties. Every time we make sausage there’s a portion of meat mixture leftover. Instead of wasting it- we can vacuum seal it and pass along the savings to you! Woohoo!! This meat is great for pizzas, casseroles, and a great replacement for sausage in many recipes! Call us at 937-448-2448 for more information on availability and ordering of our bulk boxes.
While I’m waiting for these bad boys to cook I slice up my onion and get that cooking with the garlic. Meanwhile you can add your sauce, cheese, green peppers, and meat to the pizza crusts! When your onion/garlic mixture is done add that on top, sprinkle it with the sage, and put it straight on the oven rack! Cook for desired amount of time whether you’re following a recipe or package instructions! The cheese should be melted and the crust crispy on the bottom!
Now your done, so enjoy the food for your relaxing Friday evening!
|5 people||20 minutes|
If your tired of traditional pizza toppings and you're looking for something different you need to try this recipe! It's another great way to incorporate our chicken brats into your meal planning without eating them on a bun "the traditional way". You will need to adjust the ingredient amounts depending on your family size (I did 2- 10" pizza crusts!)
- 1 pkg King's Poultry Farm Chicken Apple Brats
- 2 10" Pizza Crust (We used pre-made frozen, gluten free)
- 1/2 - 3/4 cups Pizza Sauce (Divided)
- 1 8 oz. Bag of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 Onion (Sliced)
- 2 tsp Sage (Divided)
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (Chopped and Divided)
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven per pizza crust instructions.
- Cook Chicken Brats on George Foreman Grill until internal temperature reaches 165°F. (usually about 7 mins)
- Meanwhile, add olive oil to small skillet and warm over medium high heat.
- Add in onion and cook until soft. Add garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds. Pull off heat and set aside.
- Divide pizza sauce and cheese between the 2 pizza crusts.
- Once the chicken brats are finished cooking- slice 2 brats and place the pieces of 1 brat on each pizza. (The other 3 brats can be sliced and laid flat on a cookie sheet to freeze. Once frozen, combine in a freezer-safe bag for later use!)
- Add onion/garlic mixture and green peppers to pizzas.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp sage on each pizza.
- Place in oven and cook per pizza crust directions and until cheese is melted.
- Serve and Enjoy!